This exciting series of practical ideas will broaden children’s strategies for mental maths, increasing their confidence and flexibility with numbers.
Each book in this series:
- explains how to manage appropriate oral maths sessions
- offers guidance on the range and size of numbers to use
- provides a progression of strategies the children might suggest (or that you might like to introduce)
- contains a rich source of easily accessible challenges, investigations and games
- supports the vital discussion through which children will exchange ideas.
Developing Mental Maths with 9-11 year olds:
- reinforces previous experience of counting and place value
- consolidates and develops facility with the four operations
- provides problems involving multi-step and mixed operations to extend the children’s skills.
Further books in this series include ‘Developing Mental Maths with 5-7 year olds’ and ‘Developing mental Maths with 7- 9 year olds’