This accessible text written by Virginia Beringer and Beverly Wolf answers the question “How can teachers provided effective literacy instruction for students with learning difficulties?”
Blending critical insights from scientific research studies with lessons learned from teaching experience, this text prepares educators to:
- organise classrooms routines and lesson plans through differentiated instruction to meet their student’s instructional needs
- improve every aspect of students’ literacy by providing both oral and written language instruction
- create a positive learning environment that promotes intellectual engagement
- apply a specific framework for instruction that helps students overcome working memory inefficiencies and fluency problems
- consider how preservice teacher education and inservice professional development can prepare teachers for differentiated instruction in general education.