This second edition of language for Learning by Sue Hayden and Emma Jordan is subtitled ‘A practical guide for supporting pupils with language and communication difficulties across the curriculum’ and is an indispensable resource, packed full of practical suggestions on how to support 5 – 11 year old children with speech, language and communication difficulties.
Colour coded throughout for easy referencing, this unique book supports inclusive practice by helping teachers to:
- Identify children with speech, language and communication needs( SLCN)
- Understand speech, language and communication skills
- Consider roles and responsibilities at primary school
- Plan a differentiated and adapted curriculum
- Consider the language demands across subjects
- Adopt a whole school approach
- Make use of a wide range of positive strategies
- Empower children to access the curriculum
The book comes complete with with a wealth of photocopies and e resources, giving teachers and teaching assistants the confidence to help children with SLCN more effectively in main stream settings. It will also be an extremely useful resource for speech and language therapists, specialist teachers and educational psychologists.