This exciting series of practical ideas will broaden children’s strategies for mental maths, increasing their confidence and flexibility with numbers.
Each book in this series:
- explain how to manage appropriate oral maths sessions
- offers guidance on the range and size of numbers to use
- provides a progression of strategies the children might suggest (or that you might like to introduce)
- contains a rich source of easily accessible challenges, investigations and games
- supports the vital discussion through which children will exchange their ideas.
Developing Mental Maths with 7-9 year olds:
- extends counting skills and understanding of place value.
- reinforces and develops strategies using the four operations
- introduces multi-step problems with mixed operations
Further books in this series include ‘Developing Mental Maths with 5-7 year olds’ and ‘Developing mental Maths with 9-11year olds’