This book by Giles Barrow, Emma Bradshaw and Trudi Newton, will help all teachers who face challenging behaviour in their classroom. It offers support and guidance for dealing with issues of behaviour and makes suggestions for building creative relationships in school.
From a combination of case study illustrations of key Transactional Analysis concepts, practical proformas, planning notes and resources that have been tried and tested with schools, it will give you the confidence and the skills necessary to develop effective classroom management.
- materials to be used with pupils to improve behaviour
- strategies for building successful relationships with colleagues
- guidance on how to develop a positive school ethos
- advice on how to deal with conflict
- suggestions for partnership planning
- practical steps to take with pupils to help raise their self-esteem
- a glossary of Transactional Analysis terminology
Those who will benefit from this book include SENCOs,Heads of Year, Senior Teachers and Support Staff. It will also be valuable to Educational Psychologists, Welfare Officers and Youth Workers.