This exciting series of books contains practical ideas to broaden children’s strategies for mental maths, increasing their confidence and flexibility with numbers.
Each book in this series:
- explain how to manage appropriate oral maths sessions
- offers guidance on the range and size of numbers to use
- provides a progression of strategies the children might suggest (or that you might like to introduce)
- contains a rich source of easily accessible challenges, investigations and games
- supports the vital discussion through which children will exchange their ideas.
Developing Mental Maths with 5- 7year olds:
- helps young children to count on and back, and develop an understanding of place value
- shows the value of number patterns in calculations
- develops calculating skills, especially which operations make numbers ”more’ or ‘less’.
Further books in this series include ‘Developing Mental Maths with 7-9 year olds’ and ‘Developing mental Maths with 9-11 year olds’